History of the Department
The department of Economics Barama College was established in the year 1971 with only pre degree course and started undergraduate course in the year 1974 with four permanent faculties. The first Head of the department was Late Renu Boro. Late Renu Bor and Late Dr. Jagadish Kalita who were also leading the department as HoD became principal of the college. In 1978 the department introduced honours course in economics. At present department is running with two permanent faculties and one part time faculty.Vision Statement
The primary vision of the Department of Economics Barama College is to provide a high-quality education in economics and financial economics to future leaders of our society. At the core of our education is a commitment to academic excellence. Our vision is the preparation of students capable of critical thinking and independent analysis for living their lives of responsibility, leadership and service.Mission Statement
(1) Academic Excellence to provide quality teaching and a learning environment that takes account of changing student needs and expectations,
(2) Developing a Strong foundation about theoretical and applied concepts of economical issues
(3) To develop the power of thinking critically, innovatively and analytically.
(4) Guide the students beyond classroom learning
(5) To develop Entrepreneurial and social Skills among the students
(1) To initiate the students into the acquisition and application of diverse economic theories po, (2) To empower the students with critical, analytical and creative use of economic theory
(3) To make the students understand about the present economic environment and to think for betterment
(4) To equip the students with knowledge and skills of entrepreneurial ability and motivation
(5) To develop the potential among students for higher education, research, and career placement.