The central library of Barama College also known as ‘Surendra Nath Das Library’ was established in the year 1971 with the inception of the college. It is an integral part of the institution, facilitating to the academic needs and endeavours of the students, faculty and staff of the college. Our library stands as a testament to this commitment, serving as a vibrant hub of knowledge, innovation, and inspiration for our students and faculty.
The library boasts a vast and diverse collection of books, journals, periodicals, and digital resources. With over 40,000 textbooks, reference books and journals covering various disciplines, students have access to a treasure trove of knowledge that enriches their academic pursuits. A total of 7 Newspapers and 3 magazines are subscribed by the library.
In the digital age, we understand the importance of online resources. Our library provides access to numerous e-books, academic journals, research papers, and multimedia materials through N-LIST subscription. This ensures that students and faculty have the latest information at their fingertips, empowering them to excel in their academic pursuits.
The library is equipped with state-of-the-art computers facilitating access to online databases through internet and Wi-Fi facilities. SOUL 2.0 is used for the automation of the library. Separate reading facilities are available for students and faculty each.
1. Britanica Global Edition
2. Encyclopaedia of India Literature
3. General Studies for Civil Services.
4. Encyclopaedia of North East India.
5. Complete Works of Bishnu Rabha
6. Complete Works of Jyoti Prashad Agarwal.
7. Complete Works of Maheswar Neog.
8. Tribe Life in India.
9. Encyclopaedic profile of Indian Tribes.
10. Complete Works of Ananda Chandra Barua.
11. Complete Works of Shakespeare
12. Encyclopaedia of Educational Development.
13. Encyclopaedic World Geography.
14. Rabindra Nath Tagore 1861-1961. A century volume
|Members||Maximum Books||Duration of Loan|
|Academic Staff||8||20 Days|
|UG/PG Student||General-2/Major-3||15 Days|
|H.S Student||2||15 Days|
|Non-Academic Staff||2||15 Days|
Monday to Saturday: 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Monday to Friday: 10:30 AM to 3:00 PM
Staurday: 10:30 AM to 2:30 PM